So you’re ready to take the plunge and finally get that bikini or Brazilian wax you have been eager (but hesitant) to try. This type of wax is one that women often feel a lot of anxiety about, but once they try it, they love the results and look forward to them every month. This self-care might seem daunting, but after your first bikini wax, you’ll never look back.
Benefits of Bikini Waxing
If you’re thinking about getting a bikini wax for the first time, congrats! You’re well on your way to benefiting from this service we offer here at Unique Threading Salon in Chelsea. Here are just some of the advantages of bikini waxes over other hair removal methods:
- It’s good for your skin. Waxing is not just beneficial because it removes hair—it also exfoliates. Exfoliation is a necessary part of your skin’s health, but many women neglect their bikini areas. Get rid of unwanted hair and dead skin cells in one fell swoop for healthier skin.
- It smooths your skin. Not only is waxing good for the health of your skin, it’s also beneficial to its appearance and feel. Because it naturally exfoliates, waxing leaves your skin smooth and supple.
- It lasts longer than shaving. When shaving is your hair removal method of choice, you need to touch up the area every few days. When you wax, the hair is removed from the root, resulting in a longer time between treatments.
- It gets better over time. The more you wax, the finer and thinner your hair grows back. That means that the longer you keep up a regular waxing schedule, the less hair you have to deal with, and the longer you can go between waxes.
Types of Bikini Waxes
There are several different options when it comes to bikini waxes. We are happy to help you choose the right wax for your personal aesthetic.
- Bikini Line: A bikini line wax involves waxing the sides and the top of the area. The idea behind this wax is that it prevents hairs from peeking out from your panty line.
- Extended Bikini Line: An extended bikini line wax goes beyond the traditional bikini wax to remove any errant hairs around the leg area and to make the hair look a bit neater. You may ask that we create more of a triangle shape.
- Full Bikini: A full bikini wax takes it to the next level and gives you the option of choosing the shape of the hair. You might consider a strip, triangle, square, or completely bare.
- Brazilian: A Brazilian wax removes as much hair as a full bikini, plus all the way back to your bum. You can choose to leave a little bit of hair, or nothing at all.
This basic information about bikini and Brazilian waxes should be a good foundation for helping you choose which service is right for you. In our next blog, we will go over the best ways to prepare for your bikini wax. In the meantime, if you are ready to be bare, whether you prefer waxing or threading, schedule a hair removal appointment today!